About Dr. Samir P. Patel
Samir P. Patel, D.O. is the founder and CEO of Arizona Pain Care Center, an interventional spine and pain management facility located in Oro Valley, Arizona since 2009. Dr. Patel is double board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology and the American Board of Medical Specialties.
After earning his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, Dr. Patel went on to medical school at Kirksville, Missouri. He then completed an internship at Sun Coast Hospital in Largo, FL. Dr. Patel completed an anesthesiology residency and pain management fellowship at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
Dr. Patel believes in learning and spent time working as a Courtesy Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Florida before starting private practice. Dr. Patel pursues additional training and education in the latest spine and pain management technology attending pain conferences across the nation and bringing home the newest, most innovative practices for his patients. He practices anesthesiology on occasion.
In his spare time, Dr. Patel enjoys spending time with his family and watching sports. He is a huge Virginia Cavalier and Florida Gator fan.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate – University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- D.O. – Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
- Internship (Traditional Rotating) – Sun Coast Hospital, Largo, FL
- Residency (Department of Anesthesiology) – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Fellowship (Department of Anesthesiology/Pain Division) – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Professional Membership – North American Neuromodulation Society, and Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
About Dr. Chad Pletnick
Chad Pletnick, M.D. joined Dr. Patel as a partner of Arizona Pain Care Center in 2017. Dr. Pletnick is also board certified in both anesthesiology and pain medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. After earning his undergraduate degree as a Guthrie Scholar from Wilkes University in Wilkes Barre, PA, Dr. Pletnick went on to medical school at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He then completed an internship at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Pletnick completed an anesthesiology residency at the University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ and a pain management fellowship at Duke University in Durham, NC.
Dr. Pletnick is an educator in his field, having worked as an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Arizona. Occasionally, he still practices anesthesiology at the University of Arizona, while teaching anesthesiology residents.
Dr. Pletnick is also a leader in the field of neuromodulation and works as an instructor for Stimwave, educating physicians around the country about the latest techniques in both spinal cord stimulation and peripheral nerve stimulation. It is Dr. Pletnick’s leadership and expertise that has made Arizona Pain Care Center a Stimwave Center of Excellence.
In his spare time, Dr. Pletnick enjoys spending time with his wife and sons. You may also find him watching sports, playing sports, hunting, or capturing images of the night sky through his telescope.
Education and Training
- B.S. in Biology – Wilkes University, Wilkes Barre, PA
- M.D. – Drexel University, College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship (Internal Medicine) – St. Joseph’s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
- Residency (Department of Anesthesiology) – University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Pain Medicine Fellowship (Department of Anesthesiology) – Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
- Professional Membership – American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, North American Neuromodulation Society, and Arizona Society of Anesthesiologists